to End the Homeless Crisis:
Ending the homeless crisis is a complex issue. But it is unacceptable that some members of the City Council are content with driving downtown and seeing camps around our parks and people sleeping on the streets. It is inhumane. Resources have been made available, but leadership has not made the connection quick enough.
- Fastrack current partnerships in place with local, county, state, non-profit and business agencies;
- Expedite current projects on navigation centers so they can provide resources as soon as possible.
Ensuring Salem Families
Public safety is crucial to our communities. And Salem is unfortunately facing a police officer shortage. The Salem Police Department needs the full support of the Salem City Council. This is includes a proper budget!
- Provide the Police Department with necessary tools and resources to conduct their duty without any barriers;
- Increase communication between neighborhoods and law enforcement on specific issues they are facing.
Making Salem’s Homes
Salem home prices are skyrocketing. A lack of housing inventory is a key driver. The Council needs to approach a pro-growth mindset to address this issue.
- Working with the Planning Commission and local developers to move along entry level housing projects for first-time homebuyers and other residents is a must;
- Accelerate the permit process to cut back on unnecessary red tape.